CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
Project SHARE, a nonprofit food pantry serving the greater Carlisle community, is seeking an innovative community collaborator to lead the organization. The vision of Project SHARE is “Nourishing our Community . . . Awakening Hope!.” Project SHARE operates a regional food pantry to serve recipients in need of nutritious food support, a produce gleaning program to serve the community, and support to individuals and families seeking to become independent. The Board of Directors are looking for a Chief Executive Officer who can energize a new strategic direction and grow the organization’s programs and resources. The CEO reports to the Board of Directors.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Partner with the Board of Directors to ensure strong organizational governance;
- Fulfill the organization’s mission and vision through the implementation of the strategic plan and establishing yearly and quarterly priorities, action plans, and key performance measures to assess progress;
- Financial management and sustainability of the organization through the development of an operating budget and monitoring of monthly revenue and expenditures;
- Daily organization management and oversight of staff and operations through the establishment of performance expectations and providing regular feedback, mentoring, and support;
- Fund raising and grant writing to maintain and grow the financial resources of the organization;
- Community outreach and collaboration to maximize collective impact and community resources and support for recipients.Critical Competencies and Qualifications:
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and values;
- Excellent communications, collaboration, and problem solving skills to build internal and external community relationships;
- Forward thinking visionary capable of developing and implementing new ideas and programs;
- Self-motivated, organized, focused, and capable of managing multiple activities simultaneously;
- Understanding and appreciation of the Carlisle and Cumberland County community and resources;
- Proven fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of warehouse and logistics operations;
- Experience in managing and building the capacity of an organization that would be obtained through a minimum of five years of leadership experience in a nonprofit organization, preferably in a social services support environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant social services profession; Master’s degree in Social Work or Business or an equivalent combination of education and non-profit leadership preferred.Compensation:
- Project SHARE offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical and dental insurance, HSA and a 401K.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a resume and supportive information to the following email address by April 30, 2017: HR@ProjectSharepa.org.