A gift that pays you income — a Win-Win
Some of the best ways to support Project SHARE are through life-income gifts. These "Gifts That Pay You Income" all have one substantial advantage over investment vehicles you read about elsewhere: they produce generous gifts to Project SHARE. So, while you will receive income for life or a set period of time, you can provide for yourself and for Project SHARE. Benefits of a charitable remainder trust include:
● A partial charitable income tax deduction
● Potential for increased income
● Up-front capital gains tax avoidance
There are two ways to receive payments with charitable remainder trusts:
● The annuity trust pays you, each year, the same dollar amount you choose at the start. Your payments stay the same, regardless of fluctuations in trust investments.
● The unitrust pays you, each year, a variable amount based on a fixed percentage of the fair market value of the trust assets. The amount of your payments is redetermined annually. If the value of the trust increases, so do your payments. If the value decreases, however, so will your payments.
The following assets can be used to fund a charitable remainder trust:
- ● Cash
- ● Appreciated Securities
- ● Closely Held Stock
- ● Real Estate
- ● Retirement Plan Assets
- ● Tangible Personal Property
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. References to estate and income taxes include federal taxes only. State income/estate taxes or state law may impact your results.